The Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) is an ISO standard, originally created by Adobe Systems Inc., for the creation, processing and interchange of standardized and custom metadata for digital documents and data sets.
As part of its web scanning workflow PALAXO has developed web based XMP integration enabling to easily capture the additional metadata directly from web form during the scanning process or even fetching related data from 3rd party applications.
XMP is perfect solution for storing various metadata or additional custom attributes directly to the PDF document or any other format like TIFF. The scan of PDF contract might contain not only the content of the contract but also related set of important properties like contract value, contracting party, validity etc. that might even originate from different information system.
Example of web based scanning with ability to add custom PDF metadata using XMP ISO 16684-1:2012 standard.
The beauty of this solution is that such data enriched PDFs encapsulates all the important details about corresponding transaction or document history and can be easily retrieved in the future. Not mentioning the flexibility in how the document life cycle might be effectively automated. Custom properties can be easily added directly from web scanning form as required.
The key benefits are:
- Reusing available information effectively
- Web scanning with extensible web metadata capture
- Seamless integration additional data attributes as everything is part of standard PDF
- Ready for Search & eDiscovery
- Promotes brand equity, intellectual capital & other intangible asset
- Enables metadata capture, preservation & propagation,across devices, applications, file formats, institutions